Friday, January 02, 2004

RUSH to judgment: Oh it's so sad when the mighty fall. Alex Zivojinovich (a/k/a Alex Lifeson, guitarist of RUSH) gets arrested along with his son and son's wife for altercation on New Year's Eve at the Ritz Carlton down in Fla. Seems Alex's son wanted to get on stage with the house band and sing a song ushering in the new year to his wife. Seems the hotel security didn't.

The funny part is the excerpt from the arresting officer's police report, to wit:
"As the situation began to escalate with several people filling the stairwell, I removed my Taser (stun gun) and warned Alex to keep away. I turned to assist in handcuffing Justin and he began to thrash his body. I warned deputies of my intention to tase the wildly combative Justin." Knott's report states that after the stun gun was then used on Justin, Alex was screaming obscenities and being extremely violent. Knott says Alex Zivojinovich ripped the police radio off of his uniform, "depriving me of calling for backup units."
Yeah, they speak just like that on COPS.

No comments: