Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Wedding Etiquette: I went to this wedding last weekend down in Virginia, which was nice, because unlike 90% of the bloggers out there, I don't live in or around D.C. Anyway, I knew maybe 10 people out of the 150 present. The couple was in their mid-twenties, probably 2-3 years out of college.

In typical form, you had all the bridesmaids dancing with eachother (which is kind of cool, but was not VERY cool unfortunately - if you catch my drift, and I think you do) and the groom's buddies sitting a various tables, drinking, making lewd and loud comments to one another, amusing mostly themselves.

Then there are the obligatory group photos and events. The women all looked lovely and did their best to make their bride-friend look her best. Then the boys. They all hold their drinks and cigarettes fully in front, flashing gang signs (ummm, to be clear, they're all white preppy pretty boys), making more lewd and loud comments.

So to recap. Bunch of hot, apparently single (at least for the night) women looking pretty dancing with themselves. On the other side of the room, literally, we have a bunch of drunk, smelly, rude, posing boys (also all unaccompanied for the night), not dancing.

I may be in the minority, but I'm really happy I'm not twenty-something anymore. I felt like smacking each and every one of the doofuses and instructing them to march on over and at least try to pretend you're not 12 anymore at a middle-school dance. I don't know how women can deal with these guys.

1 comment:

enobarbus said...

So harboring erotic thoughts about bisexual bridesmaids having to entertain themselves without the boys is cool in your wedding etiquette?

My copy of Letitia Baldridge just sailed out my office window to the dumpster.