Wednesday, June 30, 2004

See what happens when you try?: 'Member how I boldly predicted that Serena would win Wimby, but only if she seemed interested? Well, try this quote on for size from her remarks on roughing up J-Cap:
``I was really, really focused,'' Williams told the British Broadcasting Corp. ``Jen is an amazing fighter and I knew I couldn't let up on her at all. There are still things I want to work on, like enjoying myself most of all.''
J-Cap won 38% of her first-serve points; Serena: 76%. It's looking good for Serena.

On the mens, I think the seedings will hold and you'll see Federer, Roddick, Henman and Grosjean. If Hewitt was playing anyone other than the Swiss Swiper, I'd be hard-pressed to be so sure, but Federer is just playing out-of-this-world tennis. Put that guy on grass and watch out. A repeat champ would be nice.

No comments: