Friday, June 25, 2004

Expert Needed: Guest blogger Adrienne at Brooke's page is a glutton for punishment:
On a related note, does anyone have book recommendations for me? I'm looking for some more of these sprawling, male-written, generation-spanning memoirs/novels like A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius (by Dave Eggers), Middlesex (by Jeffrey Eugenides) and the Corrections (by Jonathan Franzen). I've already got Atonement (by Ian McEwan) on my list.
There, there, dearie: have some tea and read a couple of chapters of Bleak House. You'll be fine, really.

Now, my attempt to steer you back to the righteous path no doubt dismissed, FauxPolitik does happen to employ the world's leading expert on that sort of fiction. Perhaps Razor could explain the joys of David Foster Wallace. Sans footnotes, preferably.

No comments: