Friday, April 16, 2004

Waitron? Waitron? First, there's no need for that kind of language. "Server" is pretty bad, too, by the way -- as in, "I'll be your server tonight." If it's a her, it's a waitress; a him, a waiter.

Second, where did you go that you got the prerequisites quiz? I've never heard of that one. Sounds like an Outback/Applebees/Fridays/Bennigans kind of thing to me. You need a big, corporate chain like that to get the sort of mindset that surveys customers.

Third, I have taken the lad to what he calls "Mouse Pizza" (I ask for "extra mouse") exactly once. It was a disaster. Having weaned pretty much directly onto wood-fired thin-crust, the cheese-flavored salt and tomato-colored sugar syrup on the pizza were not a hit with him.

Anyhoo, when you're all grown up and ready, go here for fish, here for Schmitters, and here for steak-and-kidney pie. Leave Outback for a special occasion.

No comments: