Friday, April 23, 2004

The Environmentalist: John Kerry and his SUV:
Does John Kerry, who supports higher automobile fuel economy standards, own a gas-guzzling SUV? He does, but says it belongs to the family, not to him . . .

"I don't own an SUV,'' said Kerry, who supports increasing existing fuel economy standards to 36 miles per gallon by 2015 in order to reduce the nation's dependence on foreign oil supplies . . .

"The family has it. I don't have it,'' he said.

Anyone who has previously wondered why John Kerry can't get a foothold in this campaign (paging Noam Scheiber) now has absolutely no excuse. Plus, any chattering about how George Tenet ought to be fired should cease while we wait, mouths agape, for Kerry to toss overboard whatever clueless chump thought this offensively cheap dodge wouldn't play to the very worst aspects of the Kerry persona.

As a side note, I don't know John Kerry, but I've met his colleague, the distinguised senior senator from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Edward Moore Kennedy, on a couple of occasions. He has always, without fail, shown up in an SUV -- typically in a convoy of them. I'll get back to you on the particular section of the General Laws of Massachusetts that exempts these hacks from public flogging.

Note to Razor: Thanks for giving me my groove back. Was it under the fridge again?

No comments: