Friday, April 16, 2004

Waitron: Dude, it's like an english word, you know.

Actually, I've gotten that quiz in three independent and well-respected (for their food) restaurants in Philly. I eschew the chains when possible - I have an aversion to flare. An Olive Garden was put in across the street (I've already vented my spleen on that atrocity) and I have almost completed building my fire bomb. My kids love Mouse Pizza because there are so many birthday parties there. The soggy cardboard with cheese is just an added bonus.

I concur with your Schmitter choice, although it's been a while, I must confess. As for fish, yes it's an institution, but there is so much more of late that it doesn't hold the monopoly. Fortunately both versions of Bookbinders closed down ("Old, Original" and the spin-off). Unfortunately, one is coming back.

No comments: