Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Check, check.... is this mic on? It is? Good. Time (well, long past) to dust off the paperweight that is this keyboard and begin to see if I can find my voice again. I haven't been up to blogging for some time, for many reasons, but I've recently begun to realize that I miss the process. Mostly, I found that looked at the news and events in a totally different way when I wasn't trying to evaluate every news item for its post-worthiness, and it was very refreshing. When political conversation came up, I changed the subject and when I watched a movie I didn't try to write a review while I was still in the theater. Now, though, I think it's time to retract my head from the sand (and USA Today) and try to examine things again. There's a lot going on, including, I think, some political campaign (that Arnold fellow's got my vote) so I'll do my best to get up to speed. Time will be somewhat limited, still, but I think I can manage fairly regular posts, on topics ranging from music and movies to the campaign and social issues (always overdress when you're in doubt, I say).

And since I'm the most associate of associate bloggers, I guess I should ask, "Mr. Ovitz, how do you take your latte?"

No comments: