Wednesday, July 09, 2003

More Worms: Let me go a step further. If Laci Peterson's husband is guilty, I think he's guilty of a double homicide. It's an awkward position for the pro-choice side, and the reason for it points back to Radley's point on being "pro-abortion" and my point on the willfuly obtuse approach the pro-choice side takes to the matter of life. The most they could reasonably argue for, based on their unequivocal support for partial-birth abortion (and the accompanying necessity of arguing that life really begins when the child completely leaves the mother), is an aggravated single homicide. Since I'm willing to be a realist on the matter of the science, I can argue without hypocrisy that Peterson's unborn child was the victim of a crime, but the aborted child is the victime of an act of morally suspect choice that is not within the bounds of law.

No comments: