Monday, June 16, 2003

Enough about me: Let's talk about me, now. Geraldo trying to sound humble:
BUT AS MY BOSS KEPT TELLING ME WHEN MY INSTINCT AT THE TIME WAS TO LASH OUT AT MY TORMENTORS, THE IRAQ STORY IS NOT ABOUT ME. IT'S ABOUT THE GI'S AND THE PEOPLE AND THE WAR.
This despite the fact that his site is about nothing but him. It's not really a blog, so much as a regurgitation of his (quite meaningful) Iraq experience. You can almost hear G.R. gush over how important the whole experience was (simaltaneously to him and because of him). Kind of like that documentary of him sailing around the world that somebody (MSNBC?) made a couple years ago. "Here I am, standing on the bowsprit of history, thrusting my large, masculine jaw into the wind, fighting off NYT pundits ruthlessly trying to besmirch my integrity." Pure dreck, dug up by asparagirl.

No comments: