Monday, June 30, 2003

Semi-Vacation: No, I won't be going to an undisclosed location. But I'm going to take a break from the political landscape for a while. Maybe just for today, I don't know. The Palestine question is in firm wait-and see mode. I for one think that the "militants" will use the few months of relaxed Israeli pressure to regroup for a renewed intifada. Israel knows this and will come roaring back in with guns blazing when the truce is broken, which it surely will be. (Update: Already?) Iraq, too, is idling, possibly for a few years of low-level attacks by hopeful former Baathists. A nice clip of Saddam walking spanish on Al-Jazeera would help. I'm inclined to think that he'll be in "exile" for some time. Plenty of places to hide over yonder.

I'm going to talk about some other things for a while.

No comments: