Thursday, December 05, 2002

Kerry Squared: I can't comment directly on what you're saying other than to say that your points are well-made (for a change). I'll need to research more his pulpit before jumping in (I don't frequent Imus on my dial). Nonetheless, I can comment (never to let a point get made without making my own) concerning Kerry's curious campaign strategy thus far (and assuming your critiques to have some merit - a risky proposition to be sure). Since he's really the first out of the gate (Gore's ever-present waffling doesn't count), he's going to get the most attention (a good thing) and the most criticism (also good as long as everyone mentions his name). If he's as truly off-base as you say, then one wonders who is advising him to take such strident positions at a time when people have the time to actually check his facts. Conversely, he'd be better off giving us some facts, as you demand, to support the claims he makes, because if he can back them up, he can really make an impression. Instead, he seems to be making all kinds of claims without back-up, which is as short-sighted as his tax holiday "plan." Maybe there's a pattern somewhere.

No comments: