Monday, October 13, 2003

I'm a winner!: I swear to god I'm not making this up. I just won, for like the fifth time this morning, an internet quiz! I was tooling along on Yahoo, checking one of my fantasy football teams (curse you Rich Gannon!) and this window popped up asking me if I could tell which of the three women in the window was Courtney Cox. Well, being an avid "Friends" watcher, I of course knew the sultry, yet comical, brunette all too well, and I clicked on the box right underneath her face. Well, wouldn't you know it? I just won a trip to Aruba! Well, to be clear, I just won an entry into a raffle, but seeing how the more times you enter, the better chance you have of winning, I went out and found four more of these quizzes, and aced every one! All I had to do was register with my name, address, phone number and social security number, and bam! I'm eligible for the grand prize drawing and may already be a winner!

I really didn't expect this kind of success, as I don't usually do too well in the PowerBall drawings (although I once was only three numbers from the jackpot!) and people always say you're bound to lose more than you win. Well, to all those naysayers, I can point to myself as living proof that if you just keep plugging away, good things can happen to you! All of our readers should give it a shot. I'm not saying you'll do as well as I did (this had to be a fluke), but you never know. As they say: "You can't win if you don't play!"

No comments: