Monday, October 20, 2003

Easterbigot: Actually, I don't think that for a second, I just like sensationalistic headlines. Eno, you and I had discussed before why TMQ was better on Slate (where the subject matter was a bit out of place, but the tone was a perfect match; as opposed to ESPN where the subject matter matched, but the tone was entirely disjointed and was "saved" only by Easterbrook's fortunate love of cheesecake models and cheerleaders). Of course Slate is run by MSN which had joined with the "Go Network" (i.e. Disney) for its web portals. So, I'm not sure he even goes back to Slate. So, why not put him on TNR where he's already established a presence and they're not going to shy away from his occasional comment (unless it's conservative!). Boy, my Tuesdays have lost a bit of their lustre (okay, this is like saying my Yngwie Malmsteen album has lost some of its gentle soothing rhythms).

No comments: