Thursday, February 12, 2004

Sense of duty: Hillary's, that is.
"The right wing extremists that have slandered the good name of a decent, caring man to protect the seat of power for themselves, will be shown the door when the people speak. And I will proudly accept their call to take up the fight that Senator Kerry started, and run for President of the United States of America!"
Or something like, it's just a rough draft. Or am I crazy for thinking that she'd capitalize on the moment in such a way, or even that there could have been some chicanery involved in the back rooms of the DNC? Anyway, that was my first instinctive reaction, which says something, I guess, though I'm not sure what.

Actually, there is a long way to go before this becomes a death blow to Kerry's campaign. It's a long way to go from Drudge to a weepy Barbara Walters interview. But interesting is certainly a tepid adjective.

No comments: