Thursday, October 27, 2005

Withdrawal: For the life of me I don't understand what Bush can be thinking. I don't know anything about Ms. Miers, but, politically speaking this makes absolutely no sense. I mean...

Whoa, sorry there. Force of habit.

So "Trust me" didn't work, eh George. Wow, I can't imagine why.

Some will say that this hurts the Republican party or the conservative movement or some such, but I think this actually is quite a good thing. I think it's good for "parties within the party" to have these dsiputes about what it's priorities really are. The Republican party has gotten incredibly lazy and drunk with power since 1994 and they needed a swift kick in the principles. It was either going to happen now or at the polls in 2006. It may still happen at the polls in 2006, but they can't say they haven't been warned. This was a good shakeup, and it only wasted a few weeks. Compare that to the waste of time we're gonna have now, when Bush nominates Cheney to the SCOTUS.

No comments: