Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Remorse Setting In: OK, just saw this at Drudge.
By 1979, Harriet Miers, then in her mid-30s, had accomplished what some people take a lifetime to achieve. She was a partner at Locke Purnell Boren Laney & Neely, one of the most prestigious law firms in the South.

But she still felt something was missing in her life . . . "She decided that she wanted faith to be a bigger part of her life," [colleague Nathan] Hecht said. "One evening she called me to her office and said she was ready to make a commitment," to accept Jesus Christ as her savior and be born again, Hecht said. Miers became an evangelical Christian and began identifying more with the Republican Party than with the Democrats who had long held sway over Texas politics.

So much for my hope that we might get "the closest thing" to a libertarian. I bet she'll try to install Judge Roy Moore's 10 Commandments rock in DC.

I'll wait for the confirmation hearings to make up my mind, but this makes me suspect that Bush didn't base his decision on political calculation or on cronyism, but on who's in it for Jesus.

No comments: