Wednesday, November 02, 2005

I'm shocked: Shocked to learn there's shooting in this town.

I don't know if any of these stars have explicitly argued for gun control type legislation, but it sure seems clear they don't want to own up to their own gun-totin' ways.

PISTOL-packing Joe Mantegna is blasting a chink in the politically correct armor
of some Hollywood heavyweights - he says they love to own and shoot guns. The
"Joan of Arcadia" star says that such left-leaning showbiz types as Steven
Spielberg, Leonardo DiCaprio and playwright David Mamet are all avid shooters.
"Lots of guys in Hollywood love to shoot," Mantegna, a longtime gun sportsman,
tells Fade In magazine. "But they ain't gonna talk to you."

I especially liked this line, from Richard Donner:
"I am anything but a gun enthusiast," he said in a terse statement. "The only
reason I would ever own a gun is for the protection of my home, my environment
or my family under the circumstances in which I am forced to live."
I presume that goes for the rest of the public, too. Unless the circumstances you live in out in Hollywood are that much more dangerous than the rest of the country.

Via Annika, who throws down the gauntlet to one major celeb:

i bet i could totally outshoot Ben Afflack, that pansy.

No comments: