Monday, November 21, 2005

Blogger buzzkill: The whole OSM thing has become such a downer, man. I wish I'd never even thought of it, or sold the idea to Roger L. Simon (that backstabber). And I didn't ask for enough. How was I supposed to know he'd raise that much money? I figured, sure, daily hooker-grams for a year was a fair trade. But it's the same tired old bitch every time, and I'm really getting bored. At least I've kept my name out of it and I'm not getting hammered all over the internet like Roger.

Fuck it. I'm shutting it down. It wasn't meant to be such a pain in the ass.

Update: The Hog on Ice noticed my grumbling earlier. I'm not delusionsal (just annoyed with all the "Inside Pajamas" going on). I know I'm the one who broached the subject here first, by, perhaps foolishly, wishing luck to the founders, so I shouldn't complain too much. I did so because I genuinely enjoy reading several of the people involved, particularly the ones who have made the cut to the exclusive FauxPolitik blogroll. It's stupid to think you know somebody because you read their blog a few times a week, but Stephen Green, Jeff Goldstein, Michael J. Totten, and John Cole all seem like fine fellows and better, or at least more prolific, writers than me and if they can make a buck through OSM, more so than with BlogAds, then great. Instapundit is one of the first two or three sites I hit in the morning, just to see if aliens have invaded or Bush has been assasinated. For getting up early and reading 1,000 blogs or whatever he does I wish him all the best. A Carnival of Glenn!

I don't think I've read Charles Johnson more than once or twice, I haven't read Roger Simon in over a year, that I remember, and I thought LaShawn Barber was a man until I read differently in one of Hog's posts today. Obviously these people do not link to me or this site in any way. As I said in a previous comment, I've got no dog in this fight.

Eno and Razor have both offered sharp criticism of OSM on this site, every bit and more deserved. But in the end, who cares. Eno said, "Sigh. I'm thinking about quitting blogging again. It's starting to take on a slightly foul vibe." It is, but but the beauty of the internet is that vibe is wiped out with a click of the mouse. We're not invested in their enterprise, literally or figuratively, and the good writers who are involved will still be good writers if it crumbles. In the meantime I'm trying to avoid, if not blogging, at least the circular firing squad that the blogosphere has become over this issue.

So I'm sorry I brought it up.

No comments: