Tuesday, January 28, 2003

What's your song?: I don't want to rip off McSweeney's (nor Hornby), but I found this to be a pretty nifty idea. Read it and then come back and finish this post....Anyway, here's mine: "Analog Kid" by RUSH. Although I've moved beyond my days when RUSH was the best band in the universe (an affliction many, many high school boys shared), this song always hits me hard, even though I rarely hear it unless I put in the CD. I used to play this song nearly every morning before I went to classes my freshman year in college. The song was so beautiful in its lyrics describing a young boy who lays back in the grass, gazes up into the sky, thinks of the "fawn-eyed girl with sun-browned legs", and watches a hawk "go soaring by." It was the tempo, Geddy's voice getting nearly falsetto in the third verse, and the hopeful feeling that the song inspired. It makes me smile every time.

No comments: