Wednesday, July 14, 2004

More Kerry: Like I said, I'm not unfamiliar with the concept of party loyalty. I was a Republican once, many years ago. (The party ran Bob Dole; I voted for Perot; end of story. G'night.) So, Democrats, Kerry is your Bob Dole. You shouldn't have to put up with microwaved Senatorial leftovers. If you had any balls, you'd have nominated the Scream Queen of Vermont, mental breakdown or not. If you had any sense, you'd have nominated Joe Lieberman and pulled my vote for the first time since 1988. If you had any decency, you'd have nominated Dick Gephardt, who has been begging you for it, like the JV pine-rider hoping the coach will put him in at a clutch moment, since I was in short pants and he was a pro-lifer. And if you had any audacity, you would have run Clinton again, if only as a favor to her husband, who is pestering the public again with his silly book and sillier interviews.

Nope. Instead we get the ticket I predicted in February. I really, really don't want to vote for Bush this year. Help me out for god's sake.

More: Conversely, Jesse Walker writes,

Making me root for a sanctimonious statist blowhard like Kerry isn't the worst thing Bush has done to the country. But it's the offense that I take most personally.

No comments: