Friday, April 22, 2005

No Big Surprise: Rehearsals are well under way for the Roman play, and it's going to be interesting. I've never been the type who judges people by their political affiliations or sympathies. (After all, everyone's a little nuts in some way. Witness my dear, dear friend Razor: standup guy, quality friend, loyal, honest, and a pinko right down to his untertrousen.) Nevertheless, it is clear from cast and crew meetings so far that we have unanimity, with the silent exception of yours truly, on the the proposition that this tragedy is crying out to be played as a commentary on the current administration

Let me be clear: Everyone in the show is great -- it's a very talented cast, very friendly and helpful -- and I'm happily biting my tongue for the sake of a good production. But on closing night, look out: I'm wearing my "I'm the NRA" shirt.

No comments: