Monday, May 09, 2005

Re: Audioslave: Who is our Little Steven? Who will lead today's artists in taking the pledge? Sing it with me now.

[Havana]-[Havana]
I, I, I ain't gonna play [Havana] - I, I, I ain't gonna play [Havana]
I, I, I ain't gonna play [Havana] - I, I, I ain't gonna play[Havana]
If Tom Morello came out and said he was playing for the sheer fact that he's a professional musician who's playing a gig 'cause they offered him big bucks, I'd be thrilled. Make this a statement about capitalism and the free exchange of dollars and ideas breaking down the leftist dreck that should have been put up with mothballs 30 years ago, but o'l fuzzy whiskers clings to with his very soul.

But, of course, that ain't what this is about.

Personally, I think Cuba should pay us to keep the embargo in place, if only to spare them visits by the likes of Audioslave.

No comments: