Monday, December 11, 2017

Out of Touch

So I have to say for the sake of my erstwhile co-bloggers (long may they hit refresh!), I'm not reading the news anymore, so don't expect fresh insights on current events -- or even links to those who have them.  I only have an opinion on the wild world of gay cakery because literally 85% of the people I know, from friends to coworkers, are ... well, ginger beer, as they say.

No, my current one-line manifesto is "Uninformed, dammit, and staying that way."  Having grown up within smelling distance of New York City, before it gentrified, I knew what a putz our president was back when he was a near-daily Page Six item.  All I will say about that matter before I close it for good is this: The worst thing about suffering this administration is that Lou Reed isn't around to write spittle-flecked songs about it, the way he did about Rudy Giuliani and Jesse Jackson back in the 80s.

Hmm.  So why the hell am I here?  A great question, for which I don't have an easy answer.  A couple of partial answers:

1. Uninformed or no, I have lots of opinions.
2. I miss writing. A lot.
3. I realize that the squishy Flyer and pinko Razor kept me laughing and thinking no matter what.

Now both of them have daughters (and Flyer's in particular arrived well after we gave up this homely project several times), so they likely don't have the time to do like they used to. However, perhaps a place for me to ramble alone might be nearly as sanity conserving.  And who knows?  Maybe I can get them to chime in from time to time.

I've been blogging on my own a little as Enobarbus on another site for the past few days.  I'll try to round up some of the interesting stuff there and repost over here.  It's been fairly abstruse stuff.

So what's up?  My wife (that's Mrs. Enobarbus) asked me to dangle (in the nicest way!) a couple years ago.  I've been a bachelor since.  It worked out pretty well.  I quit teaching English and went to work running a small charity -- a lateral move if there ever was one.  My 16-year-old dropout son lives with me.

Jesus, it all sounds like a sitcom pitch, doesn't it?

Oh, and I'm going to visit Flyer for Christmas.  Feliz Navidad, y'all!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

And you will be welcomed with all the finest meats and cheeses our fair land may provide.

For the record, though Blogger recognizes my Google profile, it doesn't recognize me as a contributor to any blogs, including this (I started another years ago and never kept up with it but it may belong to a different profile). Perhaps I'll figure out a way to remedy that but for now I'll just be an occasional snark contributor.

enobarbus said...

Hopeful that your fair land flows with beer too.